February 10, 2009

Helpful Tips for Your Photo Session


WHAT TO EXPECT.....

I am a on-location photographer and only use natural light unless we are using my studio. This means I depend on the sun and will only shoot when the sun is at it's best, mornings or evenings. I might ask you to wake up at the crack of dawn but I promise it's worth it!


Locations:

I'll help you select your location based on the look you're after. I love hunting down new and unique locations and feel that it's something special that I can offer you. I try not to shoot at the same location over and over, I feel that is one of the best things I can offer you as a custom photographer. You definitely won't have the same looking images on your wall as your neighbors!



What to Wear?:
Clothing is very important in a photograph and choosing that clothing can be really stressful!! The best advise that I can give is, try picking a few colors and wear those colors in layers as much as possible to add interest and texture. (texture, such as chunky sweaters, clothing with ruffles, buttons, ribbon, stripes, embroidery.

Feel free to bring a couple changes of clothing to the session, if you or child are up for it we can change as many times as you'd like. Accessories are my favorite accent to a photograph. Hats, scarves, fun necklaces, funky boots, tights, etc. really can make a photograph more interesting.

To help get your juices flowing I put a few example together. Click HERE


Very Important!! Bring Chapstick! Chapped lips are really hard to photoshop...
 
 
Last but not least:
Once the date and location are set the rest is easy, you show up looking as fabulous as ever and we just have fun! No pressure, just be yourself! I am a goofy & silly person who will almost do anything to capture real expressions.

 


 


No comments: